studentsparents alumni quick links eventscontact us search
Tools : Bookmark and Share

Becoming an Exchange Student

Our International Exchange Program provides an opportunity for High Mowing students to experience another culture, to be immersed in a second language, and to gain a broader perspective on the world.

Study abroad usually involves an exchange of students. A High Mowing student attends the host school for three months, and a student from the host school comes to class at High Mowing for three months. For day students, typically, arrangements are made so both students are together throughout the exchange, hosting each other in sequence at one another’s homes.

Boarding students and their exchange partners usually take each other's places at school. The international partner attends High Mowing and lives in our dormitory and, at the same time, the High Mowing student stays in the home of the exchange student's family.

"Doing an exchange in Geneva, Switzerland was an amazing experience. I learned so much while I was abroad, and I will never forget the friends I made while there. High Mowing made the exchange so easy, and helped me in every way possible to make sure I was able to go. It is an important part of my life now, and I will always remember how wonderful it was and how High Mowing encouraged me to pursue the exchange."
~High Mowing sophomore


  1. The High Mowing student must be a sophomore or junior.
  2. Student exchanges are arranged only with Waldorf schools in other countries.
  3. Both students must be in good standing academically and socially.
  4. If a High Mowing student is a boarding student and an exchange is made, the parents will be responsible for travel and incidental expenses incurred. The US family continues to pay High Mowing tuition, while also being responsible to pay fees and incidental charges — but, not tuition, room or board — at the exchange school.
  5. If the High Mowing student is a day student, the host family agrees to provide the daily needs of the exchange student in their home. The family of the exchange student is only responsible to pay school fees, incidental charges and ESL fees, if needed.
  6. American students are not required to obtain a student visa if their exchange is for up to three months. When an international student is enrolled at High Mowing, an F-1 I-20 document will be issued through the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVIS). The international student must take this document to the US Consulate or Embassy in their respective country.

High Mowing school blogs by students and teachers covering high school life

High Mowing School videos covering daily life at a boarding Waldorf high school

Inquire about High Mowing School, a boarding and day high school following Waldorf principles about educating the whole person

Donate to High Mowing School, a Waldorf high school for boarding and day students focusing on the whole student

© 2014 High Mowing School  |  222 Isaac Frye Hwy  |  Wilton, NH 03086  |  T 603  654-2391  |  F 603 654-6588  |  Contact Us  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Policy   | LOGIN

Accredited by the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America, and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. Member of the National Association of Independent Schools, the Independent Schools Association of New England, The Association of Boarding Schools, and the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education.
email page print page small type large type
powered by finalsite