At High Mowing there is always an ongoing "wish list" — those little things that make life just a little brighter and a little easier for our students and teachers, but don't necessarily have to be bright and shiny new. Consider helping out with a gift-in-kind. Old clothes can be transformed into costumes by our theatre department. Sports equipment that your kids have outgrown can become weekend entertainment for our students. A CD player set aside for the modern MP3 player and iPods can become an important tool for the library. Check out the list below. If you see something that you would like to donate, contact Kathy Boss at (603) 654-9408 x105.
- Girl's Dorm furniture — two comfortable sofas and two arm chairs (leather would be ideal) and a nice coffee table THANK YOU!
- Boy's Dorm furniture -- two comfortable sofas and two arm chairs (leather would be ideal) and a nice coffee table THANK YOU!
- Game tables such as a pool table or bumper pool, foosball table, and ping pong table THANK YOU!
- Two card tables with chairs
- Sports equipment — kick balls, horseshoe set, exercise bike(s), badminton set, basketballs and soccer balls
- Sixteen picture frames to use for photos of student life at High Mowing THANK YOU!
- Bicycle rack to be placed outside the dorms THANK YOU!
- Two sets of fireplace irons for the dorm fireplaces THANK YOU!
- Bathroom Updates for Dorms
- Magnifying glasses and hand lenses. THANK YOU!
- Field guides — trees, birds, butterflies, rocks, ponds, wildflowers
- Clean animal skeletons and/or skulls
- Rock collections
- Soil corer
- Professional Microscope cleaning
- Men's wool coats
- Formal clothing for both men and women
- Dance shoes — especially ladies' heeled shoes with straps
- Men's dress shoes
- Men's and women's leather boots
- Men's and women's suits
- Fuzzy coat hangers or foam covered hangers
- Coat and skirt hangers
- Kindle or iPad
- Portable CD/cassette player
- Window replacement
- Modern globe with political boundaries and geological formations THANK YOU!
- National Geographic wall map (60" x 36") with latest political boundaries THANK YOU!
- Drafting equipment — architectural drawing supplies THANK YOU!
- Oil-based clay and sculpture wax to work on 3D design solutions
- Biscuit joiner
- Window replacement for the photography lab
- Computer equipment for Digital Arts Lab
- Computer station for the Language Lab
- Language classroom furniture
- TV with video player THANK YOU!
- Good books in dual language (Spanish/English)
- Art, Geography/History coffee table books on Spanish speaking countries, including Cuba and Puerta Rico
- A copy of The Lost City DVD THANK YOU!
- The Buena Vista Social Club DVD THANK YOU!
- The Mexican-American War DVD series from A&E Television Networks
- Sewing materials or sewing machines
- Natural fiber yarn
- Large coffee table books on fine art or instructional art books
Teachers and Staff