- To apply, parents must submit a detailed financial statement to the National Association of Independent School and Student Services (SSS) for Financial Aid. You may complete the Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) form online or request a form from the Admissions Office. There are two forms: one for married parents and one for parents who are separated or divorced. When divorced or separated, both parents must complete and submit the PFS form. High Mowing School's SSS code number is 3878. Please note that it takes the service three weeks to process PFS forms when submitted through the mail. Turn-around is much quicker if the forms are filed online. In addition, the processing fees are lower for those that apply online.
- SSS will analyze the information you submit, and their Report of Financial Contribution will be sent to the High Mowing Tuition Adjustment Committee.
- Parents are also required to submit a copy of their most recent Federal Income Tax Return (all forms and schedules) to the NAIS.
- All pieces of the tuition adjustment application are due to the NAIS by February 1.
- The Tuition Adjustment Committee reviews each application carefully. The assets of both natural parents, if they are living, are considered before making any award. If the custodial parent has remarried, the assets of the stepparent are considered, as well.
- The Tuition Adjustment Committee uses the Report of Financial Contribution (RFC) as a guide. If the RFC determines that a family needs more than High Mowing can realistically grant, we make the best award possible and ask the family to explore additional options. Our Business Manager can offer suggestions for payment plans and loans.
All grants of tuition adjustment are awarded on an annual basis. Application must be made each year and the grant is calculated using the most recent financial data. The student must maintain a good social and academic record. Additionally, in order to be considered for tuition adjustment in a subsequent year, parents must be up-to-date with their school accounts.