The Athletic Trainer will provide oversight for the treatment, prevention, rehabilitation, and conditioning of all student-athletes at HMS. Currently HMS is home to the elite Black Rock Football Club with ~40 student-athletes, and a growing specialized circus arts program with ~12 student athletes that was introduced in the 22/23 school year. This position is currently open and will extend into future school years.
- Provide preventative care to all HMS student-athletics and support coaches by caring for players’ sports-related injuries.
- Schedule, manage, and organize transportation to medical appointments and physical therapy care for boarding students.
- Verify, review, and organize student-athlete physicals and consent forms.
- Assess, treat, and manage sports injuries (including concussions).
- Provide on-campus PT for athletes.
- Establish and maintain a budget for athletic training supplies/equipment.
- Maintain adequate medical records on all injuries and rehabilitation procedures.
- Comply with any and all policies regarding health care delivery as indicated by the school policy, enforce all school policies.
- Support other school wide and/or residential life activities as needed.
Creative and enthusiastic, this individual enjoys working with a diverse group of learners. They seek a school with a strong vision, energetic colleagues, and clear leadership. They are able to solve problems with discernment while maintaining confidentiality of student, familial, and organizational information.
Initiative, dependability, and a strong inclination for collaboration are key attributes to the success of the candidate.
- Applied Knowledge: Athletic trainers must have knowledge about a large range of medical problems. Assessment and evaluation skills and working with other healthcare professionals will be required.
- Decision-Making Skills: Ability to think critically and make independent decisions regarding the assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and return to play decisions per state licensure guidelines.
- Attention to Detail: should be thorough and detailed with injury tracking and documentation.
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to communicate effectively in high stress/pressure situations when talking to patients, medical professionals, staff and families.
- Must have the ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks with little or no supervision.
- 1–3 years minimum experience
- Bachelor’s degree in health related field required; master’s degree preferred
- BOC Certified and possess state athletic training licensure, certificate or registration
- CPR/First Aid Certification required
- NATA membership preferred
- Proficient with the use MS Office, Google Suite, etc.
The compensation for the position includes:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health, dental, life, LTD
- Tuition remission 90%
- Available Immediately
To apply for any of our open positions, please email our hiring team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your resume, letter of interest, and your completed employment application. We are able to respond to qualified candidates only.