Music Teacher and Residential Life
Full-time position for the 2019-20 school year.
High Mowing School is now accepting applications for candidates to a unique position: An enthusiastic and experienced Music teacher combined with Residential Life staff member. A key member of our faculty, s/he is passionate about:
- Music and its relevance to the healthy development of children and young adults.
- Actively bringing music to the school community by engaging students in events and performances throughout the school year.
- Providing a home-like environment to adolescents.
- Grades 4-8 – eight periods/week of music instruction, strings classes, middle-school ensemble, choir
- Grades 9-12 - four periods/week orchestra; One music elective course per trimester (4 periods/week); Choir elective
- Residential Life - A regular schedule of evenings and weekend supervision of boarding students
Our preferred candidate is an experienced teacher trained in Waldorf education. Dynamic and actively engaged, s/he wishes to contribute to a lively community of faculty, staff, and students. S/he seeks a challenging yet supportive, home like school environment where s/he can grow professionally and personally.
- Graduate degree
- Waldorf teaching certificate or in training
- Passion and authenticity
The compensation for the position includes:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health, dental, life, LTD
- On-campus housing – includes all meals while school is in session
- Tuition remission 90%
High Mowing School is home to over 250 Kindergarten-Grade 12 day and boarding students. HMS is committed to a caring, respectful and diverse community where academic success, personal growth, and social responsibility are highly valued and fostered. To Apply
Interested candidates should respond immediately by email to Geraldine Kline, Head of School at firstname.lastname@example.org
with a letter of intent and an Employment Application